Phosphatidylserine is the most abundant phospholipid in the brain. Along with other phospholipids, phosphatidylserine plays important roles in the structure and fluidity of cell membranes, intercellular communication and protection of cells from damage produced by free radicals.1,2,3 Due to its presence in the brain, the effects of phosphatidylserine on the central nervous system have been widely studied.4 Importantly, clinical studies suggest phosphatidylserine supports cognitive functions which tend to decline with age such as memory, learning, concentration and vocabulary.5,6,7 In addition to this role in age-related cognitive decline, phosphatidylserine has been used in Alzheimer’s disease,1 attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD),8 depression9 and improving mental function in young people. In a double-blind placebocontrolled trial, the combination of phosphatidylserine with DHA showed improvement in cognitive performance in non-demented elderly with memory complaints. Specifically, verbal immediate recall was significantly improved in the treatment group, and post-hoc analysis revealed that a subset of participants with relatively good cognitive performance at baseline had significant treatment-associated improvements in immediate and delayed verbal recall, learning abilities and time to copy complex figure.10 In the past, commercial sources of phosphatidylserine have been derived from animal sources. However, enhanced technology has enabled the development of a plant-based source of this important nutrient. Phosphatidylserine by Bioclinic Naturals is made from Sharp-PS Green, which is derived from non-GMO sunflower oil and is 100% soy free.
- Each capsule provides 100 mg phophatidylserine, allowing for easy and clinically relevant dosing
- Also contains naturally occurring phosphatidylcholine (PC), phosphatidylinositol (PI), and phosphatidylethanolamine (PE), all of which contribute to cellular and lipid bilayer function
- Lipid base provides superior bioavailability
- Phosphatidylserine is from a non-genetically modified (non-GMO), 100% soy free, and animal-free source (derived from sunflower oil)
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Phosphatidyserine ... 100mg
(From 525 mg non-GMO sunflower lecithin complex)
Also contains naturally occurring phosphatidylcholine (PC),
phosphatidylinositol (PI), and phosphatidylethanolamine (PE)
Other ingredients: Softgel (gelatin, purified water, glycerin), non-GMO sunflower lecithin.
Contains no artificial preservatives, colors or sweeteners; no corn, dairy, gluten, soy, starch, wheat or yeast
Take 1 softgel 3 times per day or as directed by a health care professional.
Caution: Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children.
Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken.
For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.